Website Axis Studios
Want to be done with long game cycles? Fancy touching lot’s of great IP’s? How about pushing a whole studio forwards in using Game Engines for Film, TV, Trailers and more? Then how about joining Axis?
At Axis, we collaborate with a multitude of clients to create trailers and cinematics for PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox One X titles. Recently working on AAA games such as Gears 5 and Sackboy: A Big Adventure. And pushing new technology for our entire studio with Virtual Production on Trailers like DEATHLOOP.
Axis Studios seeks a dedicated Realtime Developer to join the team supporting multiple AAA titles and being a prominent part of the future of Realtime at Axis. You’ll be developing brand new next-gen AAA IP’s from the ground up, pushing our Realtime rendered projects, creating cinematics, and more!
As part of the Realtime team, you will work closely with all of our team, helping diagnose and develop our pipeline in Unreal, Maya and other software. Be a cornerstone of the next-gen development of our Realtime Pipeline and a key part of the technical development and final delivery of our projects.
- Support the development of our Realtime Engine, Engine Tools and Pipeline in Python & C++
- Research and implement new technologies and tools into our workflow
- Work closely with our agile team of developers and artists
- Provide technical support for our Realtime projects
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- Good knowledge of Unreal or Unity
- Great C++ Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (cross-pipeline) especially Maya
- Experience developing plugins & tools for a Realtime engine
- Good communication skills working with multidisciplinary teams
- Realtime engine experience as an engine programmer
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, command-line systems
- Demonstrated ability for creative solutions to technical challenges within tight deadlines
- Experience in Profiling, Analyzing and optimising for Console/PC games
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
- An interest in Cinematics and Virtual Production
Axis Studios is an award-winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London. Our Realtime department looks to the future, fascinated by new possibilities, whether in the world of video games or virtual production. This is the opportunity to be part of a team that’s developing and exploring new workflows and ways of producing content.
This role is based in Glasgow, but currently remote working as part of COVID-19 measures.
To apply for this job please visit axisstudiosgroup.com.