Want to be done with long game cycles? Fancy touching lot’s of great IP’s? How about pushing a whole studio forwards in using Game Engines for Film, TV, Trailers and more? Then how about joining Axis?
At Axis, we collaborate with a multitude of clients to create trailers and cinematics for PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox One X titles. Recently working on AAA games such as Gears 5 and Sackboy: A Big Adventure. And pushing new technology for our entire studio with Virtual Production on Trailers like DEATHLOOP.
Axis Studios seeks a dedicated LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to join our Realtime team supporting multiple AAA titles and being part of the future of Realtime at Axis Studios. You’ll be developing brand new next-gen AAA IP’s from the ground up, creating cinematics, pushing our Realtime rendered projects and more!
As part of the Realtime team you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose issues in Unreal, Maya or our Pipeline. Being a key part of the technical and creative development of the project and final delivery of our in-game content.
Prior Lead experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading as well as the ability to troubleshoot technical problems. A good understanding of the asset production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Managing a team of artists, keeping them on track and motivated
- Supporting a team of artists with any technical problem solving
- Technical and quality control of output on assigned project
- Ensuring assets meet specifications and providing specification where needed for all relevant departments
- Managing feedback and technical challenges on project alongside the CG Supervisor and Department Heads
- Liaising with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
Interpreting and communicating the directors feedback and vision to the team
Working closely with the Department Head to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- In depth knowledge of any of the following engines: Unreal, Unity or CryEngine. With higher weight on Unreal
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead and schedule a team
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D, Substance Painter or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Knowledge of Python or C++ is a plus.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer is a plus.
- Good artistic eye and ability to support the creative vision of a project
- 3+ years experience working within a game studio or cinematic studio.
This role is based in Glasgow, but currently remote working as part of COVID-19 measures.
To apply for this job please visit axisstudiosgroup.com.