Location: Edinburgh, Scotland (UK Work Permit Required)
Duration: 6-month fixed term contract
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £30,000 per annum
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team at 3FINERY LTD. You will work remotely in a small dynamic team across various technologies to develop algorithms and software for outstanding cutting-edge products. You will be one of the first employees of a 5-year EU and Innovate UK backed start-up that raised over £500,000 in pre-seed funding with high-growth potential. You will be given the autonomy to design solutions creatively and follow through with implementation while collaborating closely with others while becoming an expert in Augmented Reality (AR).
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation and deployment of novel software products and services to the market.
- Research and development of state of the art graphics and rendering algorithms for AR frameworks in mobile devices.
- Implementation of proof of concept innovative concepts, including both traditional and machine learning approaches, to overcome technical challenges and enhance user experience.
- A degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or any related discipline (an equivalent period of industry experience may be accepted).
- Expertise in Computer Graphics using APIs such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES or Metal.
- Expertise in Shading languages using GLSL, HLSL, CG, etc.
- Experience in Augmented Reality using frameworks such as AR-Core and AR-Kit.
- Strong 3D maths and Linear algebra skills.
- Experience in Software Development, primarily using C# and Java (C++ and Swift beneficial).
- Experience using Testing and Debugging tools and doing Performance profiling.
- Ability to document SW designs and clearly present algorithms and technical details.
- Excellent communication skills, results oriented attitude and proficiency in problem solving.
- Experience in iOS and Android application development.
- Experience in using 3D modelling software such as Blender, Maya or 3Ds Max
- Experience in developing and/or prototyping with Unity or Unreal render engine.
- Experience of Animation techniques like Skeletal animation, Blend-shapes and IK.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Caffe or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of REST networking interfaces, security protocols and network access control.
Benefits We Offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognize achievement and offer a competitive pension scheme to our employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.