The Edinburgh Futures Institute, in partnership with the University of Edinburgh Business School, is running the fifth round of the new executive education course specifically designed for the creative industries.
Developing a Data-Driven Creative Company is aimed at creative and cultural companies in all sectors, at all stages of growth and of all sizes. The course is suitable for:
- Sole traders and start-ups, to relevant department officers – such as marketing, audience development, ticketing – within cultural or creative organisations
- Creative sector trade bodies and commercial companies which may find it useful for upskilling those with new data related job responsibilities or new recruits
- Anyone wishing to have a fresh look at how they are handling data this course may help highlight areas to consider and support the development of a revised plan
Featuring deep expertise from a range of University of Edinburgh staff and experienced industry professionals, it will run online over six weeks providing input, case studies, and exercises leading to an enhanced understanding of your data needs to develop your business and an optional self-directed action plan by completion.
How To Develop A Data-Driven Creative Business
Participants will benefit from learning how to harness their data to gain insights for business improvement, and audience or customer engagement processes, as well as broaden their awareness of advances in data driven creative technology for enhanced audience experiences, creative content, and platform development.
Open To All
The course is offered at a reduced price to support creative companies, cultural organisations, creative practitioners, and freelancers to participate in order to assist their data and digital development plans or digital pivot during this difficult time.
Limited Free Spaces Offered
Developing A Data-Driven Creative Business has been awarded 30 funded places supported by Scottish Funding Council.
Registration is open now and closes on 9th May 2022.
Round five commences on the 11th May 2022, and runs weekly on Wednesdays from 14:00 – 15:30, concluding 15 June 2022.
Led by Caroline Parkinson, Sector Engagement Manager, Creative Industries & Director of Creative, Edinburgh Futures Institute, the Developing a Data-Driven Creative Business course features teaching from a range of expertise including University of Edinburgh academics and industry experts.
30 fully-funded places are available*.
- Freelance/Sole trader £150*
- Small company (2 to 50 employees) £250*
- Large company (over 50 employees) £500
Scottish Funding Council Workforce Development Funding Support
30 funded places have been awarded to support those adversely affected in the Creative Industries by the impact of Covid-19 to enable upskilling through this course. This will be available to those in starred (*) categories, and who meet the eligibility criteria, on a first come first served basis.