Applications are now open for the Tranzfuser Enterprise Pathway, a funding competition open to graduates from UK universities, which offers up to £25,000 to develop a new commercial videogame.
Making Games For Fun & Profit
Teams will not only have to demonstrate their passion for games development, but a willingness to hone their business skills. Entrance to the Enterprise Pathway includes financial and business support to help create a commercially viable studio, as well as successful game.
Teams have until 19th April to to apply. They will need to assemble a team, decide on a game idea, submit a written application and create an inspiring video pitch in order to wow the Tranzfuser team and the Local Hubs (there are three in Scotland) to secure their place on the Pathway and funding of £5,000 to develop their game.
Games Biz Academy
Over the summer the development phase will give teams access to interactive sessions via the Games Biz Academy. The Enterprise Pathway will support professional development as a studio, with pitching skills being refined and put into practice at virtual pitching sessions.
At the end of the Pathway teams will be expected to demonstrate:
- A playable prototype which clearly demonstrates the game concept and is ready to showcase
- A clear business pitch that succinctly and confidently explains the plan for building a sustainable studio
- A cohesive team that works well together and is ambitious to grow into an indie dev business
Teams will be invited to showcase their games at the annual public-facing ProtoPlay event, where they will also pitch to the UK Games Fund for grant support of up to £20,000 for the further commercial development of their project.
- Team size 4-6 team members
- All team members must be able to commit to full time work on their prototype during the programme (approx. 35 hrs per week)
- Have graduated between June 2019 – September 2021
- Can work remotely or be represented by a Local Hub
What Do You Get?
- All successful teams will receive a £5,000 prize allocated during the course of the competition
- Access to Games Biz Academy Bootcamp, giving teams exclusive access to bespoke learning materials with digital awards available to participating teams
- Access to industry experienced team Facilitator
- Midway virtual pitch event with real-world pitching practice opportunity
- Introduction to UK Games Fund community of funded indie dev studios and network of industry veterans
- Dedicated Virtual Showcase floorspace with tailor-made team showcase content professionally produce
- The chance to pitch for up to £20,000 UK Games Fund grant funding for the further commercial development of your game
Teams should apply via their closest Local Hub application form. If their team is dispersed or not represented by a region then they are requested to complete the Dispersed Team Application form.
The application is comprised of two main parts:
- Written Application Form
- Pitch Video of max 2 mins duration
An online application info session will be held on 7th April – applicants are strongly advised to attend.