Welcome to the return of the Weekly World News, in which we undertake a brief summation of notable events taking place within and around the environs of professional game development for the edification and education of those who find themselves preoccupied and unable to attend to current events.
- China Gets Steamed Up – Valve blamed. A local version of the popular distribution platform launches in China for the first time with a whopping 40 x titles available including CS: GO and DOTA 2.
- Cyberpunked – CDPR Hacked, Data Sold, Bugs blamed. Ransom demand refused. Molly on the case.
- E3 2021 Online Only – 3 x days of live streams, June 15-17, no word on free t-shirts/swag.
- Build A Better Person – Epic promises more human than human in 60 mins or your uncanny valley back.
- It’s About Ethics In Games Journalism – What’s the role of the games media in the era of influencers?
- Insert Coin PLEASE – Team 17 launches campaign to save arcade museums
- Pain In The Ring(s) – Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie announced – millions make merry.
- Unity On The Up – Revenues grow 39% to a cool £220M.
- GTA Online – Digital responsible for 85% of Take 2’s $860M revenue in Q3 2020.
- Everything Awesome – EA follows Codies purchase with $2.1Bn Glu Acquisition.
- Gamers Are Pigs – New ‘less toxic’ player demographic welcomed by industry.
- All Games, Much Cheap, So Play – Good Old Games SALE NOW ON (until Monday 15th, 14:00)
Have a super weekend. Remember, we love you.