There are less than ten tickets left for the 2013 Dare+ workshop. It’s an intensive one day workshop exploring every aspect of starting and running a game development studio.
It’s easier now than at any point in history to build and release a game, but achieving long-term, sustainable success is more difficult.
Dare+ is running in association with IDEAScotland and introduces a range of industry experts, talking from real experience, exploring the issues, problems and topics which start-up companies, small developers and indie game creators will find out in the real world…
Tickets are FREE and every participant is welcome – whether you’re already working in the industry, or just considering your future. You must be over 16, but otherwise there are no restrictions on attending.
Here’s the schedule for the day…
11am: Welcome from IDEA Scotland Innovation Manager, Claire MacDonald
11:10am: Innovation in the Games Industry: What does it take to turn a good idea into a successful business?
Brian McNicoll, Design in Action
- The Games Start-up Climate
- Genre, Platform, Revenue Model
- Skills for Success
11:45am: IP – Protect your Property
12:20pm: Starting a Business – the dos and don’ts
Steve Cartwright and Hazel Pratt, Henderson Loggie
- Are you starting a business for right reasons?
- How will your business be funded?
- Principles behind the Lean Start Up
12:50pm – 1:30pm Lunch and networking
1:30pm: Stand out from the Crowd: Obscurity, Visibility, Celebrity, Success – Why marketing is an indie developers best friend
- The biggest challenge facing indie game developers in today’s market is finding an audience. With so many competing games and alternative demands on people’s time, how will players find yours?
2:15pm: Pitching for Success
Michael Boniface, Reloaded Productions
- Presenting your company and product to publishers, investors or anyone who is will to listen
3pm: Q&A with panel
- Your chance to ask the experts anything you need to know about what goes into setting up a successful games company.
4pm – 6pm: Networking with refreshments
- Catering has kindly been sponsored by Henderson Loggie.